In addition, LikeMinded Ladies, in partnership with the Jefferson Parish Library system and City Park is hosting a Toy Drive throughout the New Orleans metro area. Both events are intended to help make it an extra special holiday for little ones spending the season in the hospital.
Thursday, December 14 @ 1:30pm
Children’s Hospital New Orleans
Children’s Hospital Auditorium
200 Henry Clay Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70118
Accepting Toy Donations through December 18th at the following 8 locations –
- West Jefferson Medical Center– Cafe Jefferson, Human Resources (4413 Wichers) & the Atrium.
- University Medical Center– Administration, Tower 3 – Floor 1
- Touro Infirmary– Human Resources – 1st floor of main hospital
- New Orleans East Hospital– Human Resources Department
- Children’s Hospital New Orleans– Outpatient Rehab Center (4310 Waverly St., Metairie)
- City Park– Administration Building
- Jefferson Parish Libraries:
- Westbank: 2751 Manhattan Blvd, Harvey
- Eastbank: 4747 W Napoleon Ave, Metairie
LikeMinded Ladies is a membership organization of women passionate about inspiring others and being motivated in return. Started in 2014, LikeMinded Ladies members meet once a month in various locations to network, educate through a speaker series, support one another personally and professionally and focus on giving back to the community. The organization’s social service outreach for the month was the toy drive.
“We felt this superhero craft activity and toy drive was a perfect opportunity to support our most valuable resources… our children,” said Laila Morcos Zissis, Founder & President of LikeMinded Ladies. “We imagine it must be difficult for children to have to spend the holidays in the hospital, and we know toys and activities can help distract them from their illness and give them something to smile about.”
To learn more about LikeMinded Ladies, visit: http://www.likemindedladies.com