The submission requirements are as follows:
- Application for Vehicle for Hire or Taxi must be FULLY completed.
- Copy of current Jefferson Parish Occupational License.
- Date and State of company formation.
- Proof authorized to do business in Louisiana and active with the Louisiana Secretary of State.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Information on 3rd Party performing driver background checks with details on methodology used in certifying the drivers.
- A descriptive illustration of the distinctive signage that will be displayed.
- Means and methodology used to charge passengers and the standard rates for Vehicles for Hire.
- A company website must be established and meet minimum requirements as noted in Chapter 38-16.
- Copy of the companies adopted policy on non-discrimination.
- Certificate of calibration of taxi-meter (taxis).
Metered vehicles must have their vehicle inspected at TransDev prior to submitting their application (includes valid brake tag, meter calibration and vehicle lettering).
Return completed application to:
Property Maintenance/Zoning/Quality of Life Department
1221 Elmwood Park Blvd., Suite 203
Jefferson, LA, 70123
between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Make checks payable to: Jefferson Parish pooled cash $10,000 or $250.00 per vehicle.
QUARTERLY REPORT REQUIREMENTS
MUST be provided in Excel spreadsheet format by email or flash drive.
Date of Birth
Driver’s License Number and State
Photograph of driver
License plate number and state
Active dates of employment
Results of drug test
Full list of rides originating in Jefferson Parish